Pluto: No Pizza for You!
Pluto is no longer a planet. In a reversal from a week ago, when we came close to adding several planets to the solar system, Pluto has been re-classified as a "dwarf planet." The Bad Astronomer has more info.
My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas.


6 comments:
Wow, sounds like he took it hard. Maybe he could find comfort in its new role as a dwarf planet. It's not like Pluto is dead to us--it's still there and it will still be studied along with its fellow dwarf planets. I think there are positive ways to spin this for the 4-year-old mind.
The problem is that this throws the solar system off balance. Previously, the larger planets (Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus) had the mass, but the smaller planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Pluto) had the numbers. Where is Henry Clay when you need him?
Think of the astrologers! This has thrown future predictions into turmoil! (grin)
"...bawling as if his dog had died..."
You mean Mickey Mouse's dog.
If I can steal from Stephen Colbert, I like this mnemonic device:
My Very Educated Mother Just Said "UhOh, No Pluto."
Ha!Ha! I just got thorough putting up a bulletin board with the solar system and a big red circle with a cross on it over Pluto.
Last night I was thinking... What can My Very Educated Mother Just Serve Us?? For some reason, all I could think of was "Nuts." I love the Stephen Colbert one though. Hadn't heard that yet!
Post a Comment