Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Shall Henceforth Be Known As...

It has come to my attention that there is a least one other person in the bloggernacle going by the name of "Jared." Obviously this could lead to some confusion in the various comment threads. Although I think I was the first to claim the name in the bloggernacle, it's not in my nature to tell the others to change their screen-name or get lost.

I see two options:

1. Change nothing. Having raised the issue, the bloggernacle regulars will be on notice and figure it out.
2. Append a signifier to my name.

If I were to do the second, my proposals are:

1. Jared LDSSR
2. Jared LSR
3. Something simple like, Jared*
4. I'm open to suggestions, but I'm ruling out Jared the Jerk, or variations thereof.

I am soliciting comment from the community.

10 comments:

Guy Murray 8/29/2006 11:39:00 PM  

I like Jared*. It's nice and clean, and easier to type than the others.

Clark Goble 8/29/2006 11:46:00 PM  

I vote for The Brother of Mahonri Moriancumr...

Anonymous,  8/30/2006 01:17:00 AM  

You could go with extra Mormon heritage: JaRed.

Kim Siever 8/30/2006 08:30:00 AM  

How about I Was Here First Jared.

Anonymous,  8/30/2006 09:24:00 AM  

Bio Jared or Emerging Infectious Diseases Jared

Anonymous,  8/30/2006 09:39:00 AM  

You might as well take the opportunity to advertise your blog. I would follow the convention established by fmhLisa and go with lsrJared.

Clark's suggestion is much more clever, but nobody is going to type that out and you would soon become known as BMM. The Snarker would have a field day with that one.

Jared* 8/30/2006 10:29:00 AM  

HA! I don't think I will go with it, but JaRed made me laugh. I suppose LaJared would be an equivalent.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. Feel free to continue suggestions or weigh in on any already suggested.

BrianJ 8/30/2006 11:41:00 PM  

I vote for lsrJared.

Anonymous,  9/03/2006 06:50:00 PM  

How about Jared- The Yellow Dart.

Western geologist 9/04/2006 11:49:00 AM  

I like either Jared* or LaJared (nothing wrong with an inside joke).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP