Monday, May 16, 2005

Links to Light Up Your Eyes

Here are a couple of links that you may want to check out. First is a post at Pharyngula that gives a mini-lesson on the fossil and geological history of Kansas. The mini-lesson serves as a contrast to the recent antics over Kansas science education. He makes an interesting comparison, which I can personalize from my own experience. In former times I've toured prestigious natural history museums with an ill-informed attitude of, "well that's interesting, but they don't really know what they are talking about." Now my eyes increasingly light up at what I see. (Read the post, and you'll better understand what I'm saying.)

Then, via Pharyngula, there is an interesting 3-part mini-lesson on hominin (the lineage separating us from chimpanzees) evolution at Unscrewing the Inscrutable (Part 1, 2, and 3). In additon to the narrative there is some interesting comparative anatomy shown, including dental features (for you dentists out there), in each part.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP