Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blogger Reaches Milestone; Sees Promised Land

I met with my dissertation committee a few days ago. They critiqued some of my work, and they have a few more things that they want me to do, but they gave me the green light to start wrapping up my benchwork and write my dissertation. My blogging will therefore be rather light for the next few months. Rather than kicking around blogging ideas, I need to spend the time and mental resources on being an expert in my field, and getting the @#$% thing written. Oh, and finding a job too.

I hope that the MA administrators won't be too quick to kick me out of my cozy spot on the aggregator. (I suspect that more than one of them will be quite empathetic, having done--or preparing to do--the same thing.) I imagine that I will do some quick posts from time to time for diversion, but I will probably be mostly ignorant of what is going on in the bloggernacle. Feel free to email me if I'm really missing something.

But don't worry, I plan to pick up the pace again after defense day. Because...

I'll be back, when the day is new, And I'll have more ideas for you, And you'll have things you'll want to talk about. I will too.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 01:59:00 AM  

Forget the dissertation and devote all your time to the blog.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 02:41:00 AM  

best of luck jared!

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 02:54:00 AM  

Congratulations! Good Luck!

Bradley Ross,  11/03/2006 09:27:00 AM  

Hahaha. I think you picked the wrong song. The one you wanted was, "We've only just begun..."

Good luck on the dissertation.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 10:50:00 AM  

Jared,
You help to make each day a special day, by just your being yourself. There's nobody else in the whole world who's exactly like you, and people can like you exactly as you are. You are special.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 12:58:00 PM  

Congrats, dude...and just think, when you are done, you will only have like 6 years of post-docs to go. (grin)

Capt. Obsidian,  11/03/2006 03:19:00 PM  

Good luck, Jared*. My Master's thesis was enough to convince me that I had no interest in pursuing a PhD. My advice: do it quickly and just get it done.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 05:26:00 PM  

I'm approaching the same milestone myself. I think it's sadistically funny that more people have read this post than will ever read the dissertation (yours or mine).

Scott Hinrichs,  11/03/2006 06:49:00 PM  

Congratulations. Like the Captain, I bailed after the masters. Fight the good fight!

Jared*,  11/03/2006 08:29:00 PM  

Thank you for all the well-wishes!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP