Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sen. Buttars' Bill Looking Less Likely

Passage of Utah Senator Chris Buttars' "origins-of-life" bill is looking less likely. From the Deseret News:

The origins-of-life bill sponsored by Sen. Chris Buttars, R-West Jordan, has already passed the Senate. But it could run into trouble in the House, where Majority Whip Steve Urquhart, R-St. George, has said he can't support the bill. Huntsman suggested the bill may never reach his desk and said if it does, then "we'll do what we think is right" based on his previous opposition to mixing religious beliefs and science in the classroom. "What I have seen most recently is not an origins-of-life bill. It's been watered down to a relatively benign statement, and where it goes from here is anybody's guess," the governor said.


(via Eyring-L.)

1 comments:

Clark Goble,  1/31/2006 01:22:00 PM  

I kind of figured. I was actually shocked it got through the Senate.

But I think the vague threat of a veto by the Governor helped.

The farther along we get the more impressed I am with Huntsman.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP