Biology-Type Posts Worth Reading
I've collected another batch of blog posts that I think are worth reading.
Continue Reading
First off are a string of posts by P.Z. Myers at Pharyngula (which has moved over to scienceblogs.com).
Deficiencies in modern evolutionary theory: Describes what some of the real controveries and problems in evolutionary theory are.
Two legged goats and developmental variation: Reminds us that phenotype and morphology are a result of gene expression and interaction with the environment. Did you know that there are six variations in the branching of the human aorta?
Vertebral variation, Hox genes, development, and cancer: In a somewhat similar vein, this post discusses the governance of vertebrae number. I learned here that sometimes people can have an extra set of ribs--above the first pair.
Also see his response to Orson Scott Card and Jonathan Wells.
Gene Expression has 10 Questions for Ken Miller.
Carl Zimmer deals with parasites and their ability to influence behavior. In particular, there is a proposed link between toxoplasmosis and some schizophrenia.
I'll cut it off there. More to come.


0 comments:
Post a Comment