Why Homosexuality Exists: Some Hypotheses
Homosexuality is not my favorite subject, and to the extent that I am interested in it, it's mostly on a theoretical level. But PZ Myers at Pharyngula commented on the same article I blogged about a few days ago, and I think his comments are worth reading if you are interested in why homosexuality appears in nature. He lists several reasonable hypotheses. Contrary to what you might expect, he does not favor a strict genetic connection. Rather, his view is that it is a by-product of the commonalities between men and women in the developmental process, sort of like why men have nipples.
As he notes, there may be multiple mechanisms.

1 comments:
The psych profession had worked out some reasons for human homosexuality, but they were dismissed for political reasons back in the 1970's. At the time, the majority of the APA disagreed APA's political decision.
Post a Comment