Friday, June 29, 2012

The Church Showcases an Evolutionist

This is what is currently highlighted on the I'm a Mormon webpage.



I guess the PR department has gone rogue. ;-)


7 comments:

Anonymous,  6/29/2012 10:55:00 PM  

Thank you, Jared*. I watched the video and also read Kevin's profile, and I enjoyed both immensely.

Tim,  6/29/2012 11:01:00 PM  

And an environmentalist too. Definitely gone rogue.

Kadmon,  7/03/2012 12:09:00 AM  

For some reason, this video reminded me of the aquatic ape theory of human evolution ;-)

Matronne,  7/13/2012 08:29:00 AM  

I also found this video interesting. I love the depth and variety that exists amongst the members of the church. I think any "enmity" between our church and evolution is imagined. I understand that this controversy exists on a broader scale in our nation with religious sects, but I don't see it in ours. I suspect most average members, like myself, accept its existence but are happy to wait for the full explanation later. As evolution is not a topic I have an avid interest in, and it is not essential for salvation, I don't really worry about how it fits into things. As it is not essential for salvation, I also don't expect the church to make a lot of effort to explain it.

L,  8/17/2013 06:12:00 PM  

I'm convinced the Mormon Newsroom has evolved into the progress wing of the church. And I don't mind it one bit.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP