Monday, January 17, 2011

If I Had a Side Blog

Odds and ends that may be of interest:

1. There's a new blog dedicated to the Word of Wisdom - Word of Wisdom Living. I'm not sure what to think of it yet, but check it out. It probably can't make you less healthy.

2. You don't have to be a liberal democrat to recognize climate change as an important issue. Examples here and here.

3. Salon.com: "We've removed an explosive 2005 report by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about autism and vaccines. Here's why."

4. Steve Peck ate puffer fish and luckily lived to tell the tale.

5. ESP makes it into a respected psychology journal. Controversy ensues.


4 comments:

Ben,  1/18/2011 11:10:00 AM  

It's not climate change I'm so concerned about as the underlying issue of sustainability, which is much less controversial.

Anonymous,  1/19/2011 07:14:00 AM  

Amen, Ben.
So the link between vaccinations and autism is disproven, but global warming must be true? I seem to remember that it was reported that a significant amount of data was falsified.

Jared*,  1/19/2011 04:26:00 PM  

Anon,

That such was reported doesn't make it true. If you can find me substantiated falsification, I'd be interested to see it.

Anonymous,  1/20/2011 10:43:00 AM  

Some material is kept under wraps because people would get the wrong impression if they saw it. Not necessarily the smart thing to do, because when the data inevitably comes out, some cry foul and charge bad faith and that it was kept under wraps because it proves it's a sham!

This almost reminds me of a story I listened to today at MormonStories. ;P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP