Thursday, July 15, 2010

Anti-Climate Change Extremism in Utah

Barry Bickmore is active in Mormon apologetics. He has written material for both FARMS and FAIR, including a book, Restoring the Ancient Church: Joseph Smith and Early Christianity. He's also a professor of geology at BYU, an active Republican, and he's mad as he** about how climate change is being distorted among Utah politicians, and he's not taking it lying down.

He was among the BYU faculty that previously urged the Utah legislature not to embrace fringe views, and he's got a blog, Anti-Climate Change Extremism in Utah, where he takes apart the right-wing of the Utah legislature as well as the climate disinformer Lord Christopher Monckton.

Go check out his blog. As a fun place to start, try: Do Wackos Control the Utah Republican Party? See also his reason for creating the blog.


3 comments:

Joseph Smidt 7/15/2010 11:55:00 PM  

Very interesting Jared*. I will have to check it out.

Stan,  7/16/2010 02:55:00 AM  

I can say, if I mention climate change at work (Orem, UT) I'm in for a ... colorful conversation. =:) I can think of only a small handful of people at work that are inclined to fall on the side of science when it comes to climate change. Oh, strangely enough, they also fall on the side of science on other controversial topics in Utah, like evolution. I work with really smart people. What's up with that?

Clark Goble 7/16/2010 08:35:00 PM  

I thought Utah was one of the few conservative places in the country where evolution really wasn't that controversial. I remember when social conservatives were pushing anti-evolution stuff everywhere but outside of the usual wacko suspects in the Utah House no one had any trouble teaching evolution here.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP