Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pretty Much My Favorite Animal

From National Geographic News:

It's half lion, half tiger, and completely real. Now thanks to a cameo in the 2004 cult movie Napoleon Dynamite, the liger has leaped into the limelight, prompting fans to ask, What are they really like?

4 comments:

Jeff G,  8/08/2005 10:45:00 AM  

I'm interested to know how social they are. Are they solitary like tigers or do they prefer a sort of social unit like lions?

Anonymous,  8/08/2005 12:12:00 PM  

You guys must be too young to remember Shasta the Liger at Hogle Zoo back in the 60s.

The NGN article says they are social, but I guess that means they socialize with lions, since they can't socialize with other ligers.

Anonymous,  8/09/2005 05:05:00 PM  

Last Lemming,

You must be too old to know that you can currently see the stuffed remains of Shasta at the Monte L. Bean museum on BYU campus. :-p

Jared*,  8/09/2005 05:15:00 PM  

I'm guessing the Monte L. Bean museum is one of the buildings least entered by undergraduates on the Provo campus. I think I went there once, just for the heck of it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP