My Required Reading
I've added a new feature to my right sidebar: Required Reading. Each link is to a collection of resources that I consider essential reading in order to be informed on the topic. I tend to forget that some of my readers are new to the subjects discussed here and may be looking for additional material. Where possible I have included online publications, but I've also included book recommendations. Although there are only a couple of categories listed right now, I plan to add more.
My criteria for adding material is still somewhat fuzzy. I have generally avoided linking to my own material, and I've tried to limit the suggestions to books or published papers. However, there are exceptions. The collection is also admittedly biased. It's not an attempt to be comprehensive; it's what I think you need to read in order to be up to speed, particularly with respect to the intersection of Mormonism and science. (Having said that, I am open to suggestions, but no promises.) As such, it will remain a work-in-progress, so check back from time to time.
Go read and enjoy!

12 comments:
Thanks for doing this Jared* as I think it is a good idea. It's always good to have helpful lists like these.
"CURRENTLY READING
Nothing in particular right now."
Hypocrite! =:)
I have so many pop-sci books on my wishlist, I can't keep up. And they keep writing more! I look forward to reading some of your recommendations.
Stan,
A lot of books have come and gone under that section. I've thought about listing them all on one page. In the meantime, explore my book notes category and you'll find a lot of them.
Thanks for the links.
Two of the "Flood" links seem to be broken (or maybe you need a subscription to Dialogue or Sunstone to open them up).
I think I have a copy of Jeffery's paper somewhere--(it's not a copyright violation if the author gives it to you, right?)--but I would really like to read Clayton White's paper. I didn't know White too well, but he still managed to be one of my favorite professors.
Tim,
Thanks for the heads-up on the links. They should work for you now. (Sheesh.)
Wait! Where are the links to Ken Ham's stuff. :)
Thank you for this. I learned long ago that your blog is well worth the time to read regularly even if I don't comment, and I expect your links will be, too.
Ardis,
I can second that Jared*'s stuff is great and definitely worth reading. Keep up the great work!
And I learned long ago that I like having commenters stroke my ego! Seriously though, it is gratifying to know that at least a few others find my blogging of value. Thanks for the support!
"Wait! Where are the links to Ken Ham's stuff. :)"
Yes, we need balance!
No balance!
Thanks for the fix.
Post a Comment