Friday, April 01, 2005

Links You May Like

I've seen some interesting things out on the web lately and thought I would bring them to your attention.

Continue Reading


First of all let me say that I'm not a big fan of the April Fool's thing. Nevertheless I think this joke and its legacy are pretty funny--Neandertals playing bagpipes with their noses, and creationists that believe(d) it.

This page over at FAIR is kind of interesting. It deals with demographics of Mormons. Things like suicide rate, divorce, birth rates, etc.

By way of Clark at Mormon Metaphysics, I read this post dealing with anti-intellectualism in Christianity. Read both links.

If you aren't already familiar with these websites and you are interested in the natural sciences, you need to visit Talk.Origins.org and EvoWiki.

If you want a basic introduction to evolution, or even if you know a fair amount about it, you should check out Understanding Evolution. It is written so that a high school student could understand and I think it is worth your perusal. The web resources page has a lot of interesting links that you should explore. I'll highlight a couple of them next.

If you have high-speed internet, you need to check out Becoming Human. It is an interactive documentary that discusses hominid palenontology and anthropology. It is narrated by Donald Johanson and among other things, he tells the story of his discovery of the hominid fossil named Lucy (he tells why "Lucy" stuck as the name). Anyway I think it is a pretty cool site and worth your time if you are interested in such things.

This site has some interesting information. There are brief overviews/interviews by notable evolution experts such as Donald Johanson, Douglas Futuyma, and Niles Eldredge.

Well, that should keep you busy for a while. You'll probably be watching General Conference this weekend, but be sure to come back and follow some of these links.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP