Saturday, November 18, 2017

Remember Planet Nibiru? It's (Not) Back!

Some people never learn. The Washington Post reports that a poor NASA scientist is having to field questions about a mystery planet known as Nibiru or Planet X, and predictions that it will cause catastrophe for Earth tomorrow (having failed to do so in September and October). According to the article,

Nibiru theories have by now become so abundant that if you spend long enough on YouTube or PlanetXNews.com you can find an apocalypse scheduled for just about any given day of the week.
If this sounds vaguely familiar, that's because this isn't the first time the fictitious planet has caused concern. In 2011 I highlighted the same hysteria. At the time, the prediction was for destruction in 2012, and it's the same scientist having to reassure people that this is not a thing. I don't pay as much attention to this kind of crap as I used to, but I figured I might as well document it again for blog posterity.

For more, see my previous post: 2012 Cosmophobia



1 comments:

larryco_,  11/20/2017 04:14:00 PM  

No Nibiru, you say? The next thing you'll say is that there is no planet Vulcan orbiting between the sun and Mercury. Or that there's no Easter Bunny! You're no fun at all!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP