Happy Birthday, LDSSR
Today marks three years since I began this blog. The bloggernacle was smaller then; Times and Seasons and BCC were already running, but Millenial Star would be created later that month. In those days links on the sidebar were the lifeblood of traffic. Thankfully Mormon Archipelago and LDSelect came along and gave the blog broader visibility. Thanks especially to the MA powers-that-be for giving the blog a prominent position.
I have no idea how much traffic this blog gets relative to other solo blogs in the bloggernacle--my sense is that the relatively narrow focus of the blog results in a correspondingly narrow audience--but it did get a mention in the Salt Lake Tribune once. Not too shabby, I think.
I started the blog because I thought scientific topics were not getting enough coverage in the bloggernacle, and I had some thoughts I wanted to get out. I started out with ambition and have settled into a more comfortable pace. A look at my archives reveals the number of posts each year:
2005 - 224
2006 - 147
2007 - 91
I expect that the future will look more like 2007, but I intend to keep going as long as I enjoy it. Here's hoping it will be worth reading.


6 comments:
It has been a good three years. I look forward to more like it.
I was hoping that you would keep posting for as long as I enjoy it. Happy Birthday!
"Here's hoping it will be worth reading."
Amen to that!
Great blog, Jared. Well done.
Aw shucks. Thanks all for the nice comments.
I've lurked for most of the past year. Nice job and great blog!
Post a Comment