Intelligent Design Trial is a Hoot
I've got to tell you, as a non-lawyer following the Dover, PA intelligent design trial, it sure looks like the wheels are coming off of the defense. Here is the latest from today.
1. Although Michael Behe claimed as a witness that his book, Darwin's Black Box, received rigorous peer revew, more details are emerging about those reviews. At least one reviewer didn't actually read the book, and others were highly critical of it. (Details here. Also see here for other "peer reviewed" intelligent design publications.
Peer review of a book and peer review of a scientific journal are two different things.
2. After having denied saying that evolution ought to be countered with creationism, a former school board member has changed his story in the face of video footage of him saying such a thing. I'm no lawyer, but this seems important because it goes to the issue of whether the school board had secular intent.
3. Finally, you have to see this. On a C-SPAN program, the lead lawyer for the defense corrected a Discovery Institute big-wig who claimed that the DI has never advocated teaching intelligent design in public schools!
It's like a barrel of monkeys.
If you want more information, see this former post. Follow the links and you can find court transcripts.


3 comments:
Hey Jared, did you change your css? The pages look a little weird right now in Safari.
Yes, I added a sidebar on the right. It looks ok in IE, but if you have suggestions on making it better for Safari, let me know. I did some programing years ago, but I'm learning html and css by trial and error.
The voters weigh in.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11/09/evolution.showdown.ap/index.html
Post a Comment