Obama Did a Really Crappy Job....
...of taking away our guns.
...of setting up death panels.
...of instituting Sharia law.
...of imposing martial law.
...of putting people into FEMA concentration camps.
...of turning us into a socialist country.
...of establishing a youth brown-shirt army.
...of letting the Muslim Brotherhood take over the country.
...of being the anti-Christ.
...of confiscating our IRAs and 401(k)s.
...of confiscating our gold.
...of getting rid of Christmas.
...of pressuring the elderly into having the plug pulled.
...of releasing Ebola into the country in order to...take away our guns.
...of conquering Texas in operation Jade Helm.
...of setting up Islamic terrorist training camps within the U.S.
...of seeking a third term.
Obama was so bad at doing these things that it's almost as if they were totally made up. And it's almost as if the people who believed and spread these ideas had no interest in their truth, were incapable of determining the truth, or wanted to profit from untruth.
Nah! It just demonstrates how incompetent he was!
So let us thank heaven that we are finally replacing him with someone competent and committed to truth, justice, and the American way[1].
I am obviously engaging in sarcasm here. I am not interested in arguing over the merits or demerits of Obama's presidency. My point is that if you indulged in any of the above, almost of all of which are 100% false, then you should re-think who you get your information from and the sources you trust.
Notes:
1. ...which pretty much consists of being a winner. Unless you are a loser. In which case you should probably find another country.

6 comments:
While I understand the sentiment and think most these things were at best blown out of proportion and in a few cases just plain wrong, I'm not sure your argument works. After all the US government is about divided powers. So there's lots of things Obama wanted to do but couldn't. For instance he was pretty explicit about wanting gun control but obviously couldn't enact that with a strongly opposed Republican controlled House. Likewise he'd love a carbon tax but had the same problems.
I will concede that Obama, who presided over multiple mass-shootings, would have liked to have passed a law restricting some people from getting some guns. That's why I wrote that the list was almost 100% false. However, if Obama had actually wanted to do the other things on the list, I don't think the separation of powers would have gotten in his way.
The doubling of our debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion during Obama's 2 terms covers a multitude of virtues.
Jack
Given that he came into office during the worst recession since the Great Depression, you should probably be glad it did.
No doubt most of those are paranoid fever dreams of the poorly educated. Now that the cycle is reversed we're seeing conspiracy theories the other way - although sadly in this case some may have more of a basis.
"...you should probably be glad it did."
I'm not. And I don't think my grandchildren will be either.
Jack
Post a Comment